The aim of this blog is to connect fly-tyers all over the world, to share, techniques, patterns, information and knowledge.

Help me help you!

12 responses

1. john

good work but I would like to know more about off shore saltwater patterns

February 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm

• Hi John, I do have some squid patterns with some new materials that I will be posting soon.

Thanks

Barry

February 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm

• john

can I give you the names of the patterns

February 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm

2. Gary Soucie

I’d like to see some good video tutorials on things such as dubbing techniques, forward-angled palmer hackles, folded hackles. Also, tiny midge nymphs.

February 21, 2013 at 5:18 pm

• Hi Gary,
      I have plans to make more video tutorials but it wont be for a while yet. I will however be posting some tutorials that will cover some of the techniques you have listed.
      Thanks for following.
      Cheers
      Barry

February 22, 2013 at 7:43 am

3. Man all Your SBS are awesome! So I dont care which flies, but mostly wet (my fav method of FF) dry, sea trout, pike flies.

Keep the good work.

February 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm

4. Anonymous

Small steam patterns wet and dry , I would like to see #14 -#20

February 21, 2013 at 7:35 pm

5. Joseph

Do you consider sea trout to aso be steelhead fish or do you classify them separately?

February 21, 2013 at 11:58 pm

• Hi Joseph, what we reffer to as sea trout are sea run brown trout that return each year to spawn in fresh water. Just like native American rainbows/steel head. But we fish for them not only in rivers but also from the coast in salt water.

Barry

February 22, 2013 at 6:42 am

• The truth just shines through your post

October 18, 2013 at 10:38 pm

6. Barry,

When you get the urge and opportunity, I would love to see a tutorial on soft-hackled wet flies. I know they are simple but I always find my biggest challenge is choosing the right feather and finding that balance between too much and too little hackle. I’d really be interested in you insights on all these things. Just a thought in case you are looking for tutorial subjects.

March 2, 2013 at 5:31 pm

7. emil-ioan

Hi Barry,excellent work…I want to see some tube flies(easy & cheap,from cotton swabs ,because our fishes do not eat “caviar”,which is,in my opinion, a nordic enjoy) and articulated flies.I’m very interested in how to select materials for fly tying.Some photos or videos,if necessary,for 3-4 categories….GREAT;GOOD;ACCEPTABLE;NOT GOOD ENOUGH;WRONG,from time to time,will help me and others like me very much.In the first place,I will be glad to see very much about hare and rabbit.
    Thanks