- Hook Mustad S74SZ # 2/0-4/0
- Thread Dyneema
- Body E-Z Body XL filled with 3-5 beads
- Under wing White buck tail
- Wing Chartreuse and white Icelandic sheep
- Over wing Lime green Big fish fiber
- Sides Grizzle cock hackles coloured yellow
- Eyes Large mobile eyes and bug bond or epoxy
I developed the Heltor skeltor to maximize all the attractor elements possible in one fly.
The Icelandic sheep and big fly fiber are extremely mobile in water, but their effect is enhanced by the weight of the brass beads that roll back and forth in the body tube giving not only a sporadic jerky swimming action but also rattle against each other sending out an audial signal to predators. Not forgetting the eyes which are an attack point, are oversized for additional predator impact. If you keep all these factors in mind when designing predatory patterns you wont go wrong.
Buy MUSTAD signature hooks on AMAZON:
Buy VENIARD product on AMAZON:
Fly tying tools and materials shop TRIDENT:
Buy SIMMS fishing products:
EPIC water filters Very useful thing when fishing:
Trouts fly fishing Premier Fly Shop & Outfitter:
Polarized fishing sunglasses RHEOS 55$:
TheRiversEdge flyfishing shop – Bozeman Montana:
Buy STANLEY products. Free Shipping on all orders!
Buy BEST fly tying VISE