The aim of this blog is to connect fly-tyers all over the world, to share, techniques, patterns, information and knowledge.

Petitjean CDC – The book

L1020319

The long awaited book ‘Petitjean CDC’ that Marc and I have been working on for seven years, had its launch at the weekend at BFFI. As with everything else that Marc gets involved with, the book is beautifully designed and a joy to use.

IMG_9760

Each step by step page is a wealth of information, with required materials and tools for each pattern, step by step instruction, tying difficulty level. Each pattern is photographed from four different angles, side, above, under and forward, giving you detailed information on each fly.

IMG_9763

Each chapter is colour coded so you can finger your way quickly to each section. Included in the 500 fabulous pages you will find, CDC origins,  MP’s patterns, both original and modern, all in detailed step by step photographs, tools, techniques and how to use them and much more…

IMG_7845

Amongst the 3000 + step by step images, we have made images with multiple exposures, these, when supported with a detailed text, make each step with movement easier to understand.

IMG_2125

IMG_2062

I will be publishing order information for the book, as soon as it is available.

9 responses

1. I have been waiting a long time for Marc’ book. I want to purchase one now.

February 14, 2018 at 5:32 pm

2. Dr. Kirk Storer

I, as well, will buy right now. Very, very interested.

February 14, 2018 at 6:25 pm

3. I was fortunate enough to buy one of the few copies available at the BFFI. A definitive guide to tying with CdC. I particularly liked that Marc had included a 1:1 scale picture of the hook style and sizes for each fly pattern. Makes it easy to match to whichever brand of hook you prefer or have access to.

February 14, 2018 at 7:03 pm

4. English version available? What was the price at BFFI? Looking forward to ordering details…

February 16, 2018 at 12:35 pm

5. parkea2

Any easier means of buying this Book?
    The website keeps asking me to do
    A bank transfer. I just want to pay by credit card or Paypal.
    Uk distributor???

March 9, 2018 at 4:44 pm

• Sorry, but right now it’s only available from Marc’s website.

March 9, 2018 at 4:50 pm

6. parkea2

Thanks Barry. I tried ordering from Lanzarote and again from the UK. Every time it wants a bank wire. No credit / debit card option. I give up for now.

March 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm

• Hi I just spoke to Marc and a credit card payment will be available in a few days.

March 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm

7. This is an absolutely stunning book, superbly laid out. You can see why this took several years to compile, there’s enough patterns/info to keep the avid tier busy for a very long while. Despite its large A4 size and 500 pages you can turn to any page and it lays flat on the desk for you to reference as you tie.

Fantastic work Marc & Barry.

April 16, 2018 at 11:14 pm