Fly fishing Streamers and lures that have a ‘black’ base colour probably catch more fish than any other colour! The Ace of spades was designed by UK still water angler Dave Collyer in the early 1970’s. Normally fished deep and slow on a sinking line. It’s still regarded as one of the best performing drab lures.
- Hook: Mustad L87 # 10-6 (Long shank)
- Tying thread: Black
- Body: Black Rayon chenille
- Rib: Oval silver tinsel
- Wing: Two black webby hen hackles placed back to back, matuka style
- Throat: Guinea fowl fibres
- Cheeks: (Optional) Jungle cock
- Topping: Bronze mallard
- Head: Long & black
2 thoughts on “Ace of Spades streamer”
Is there a video for tying this fantastic looking fly? I’m not finding one.
Hi Darrell, not yet but maybe soon…
You must log in to post a comment.