When large wood ants swarm on the warmest summer days the trout go on a feeding frenzy. This is one of those patterns that you just can’t do without. Simple but realistic and quick to tie.
Flying wood ant fly pattern recipe
- Hook: Mustad R43 # 12
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 Black
- Abdomen: Polypropylene yarn & Black SuperFine dubbing
- Wings: 2 blue dun hackle tips
- Head: Black SuperFine dubbing
- Hackle: Brown cock hackle
How to tie Flying wood ant fly
SIMMS Fly fishing PROMO
Land up to a $50 reward when you buy from October 27th through November 10th.