One of the classic patterns. This Devaux style Coq de Leon Mayfly creates a very attractive footprint or silhouette and floats extremely well.
I use this style of fly when fishing the larger mayfly hatches for Danica and Vulgate.
With this technique I demonstrate a few very interesting tricks for the wing, tail and rib.
Devaux Mayfly pattern recipe
- Hook: Mustad Heritage R30 AP # 12
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 Brown
- Hackle: One medium chocolate brown dun and one Light ginger Coq de Leon
- Tail: Light ginger Coq de Leon
- Abdomen: Cream Super fine dubbing
- Rib: Sheer tying thread 14/0 Brown