This is a great little technique for making very realistic Cranefly / Daddy long legs bodies.
For just a few Euro you can get one of these simple extended body tools (link below) and with the material from just one vinyl glove make hundreds of bodies.
It takes a little practice, but once mastered you will be churning them out. When made correctly, they are filled with air and float like a cork.
Crane fly – Daddy long legs recipe
- Hook: Mustad C49 SAP # 10
- Body: Vinyl glove body
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 Brown
- Wings: Two ginger hackle tips
- Legs: Six pheasant tail fibres knotted
- Hackle: Two brown cock hackle
Buy extended body tool 54 Dean Street
How to make realistic Cranefly / Daddy long legs bodies
ad# Buy Vinyl glove on Amazon
You must log in to post a comment.