A new series of videos for those that are new to fly tying, to accompany my new book, ‘fly tying for beginners’ out later this year. Here I am showing techniques that may look challenging, but are totally achievable with a little patience and practice. I have slowed down the tying and explain every step in detail. If you are struggling, and have a question, post it in the comments box below, and I will try and help. Good luck!
- Hook: Standard nymph hook # 8-16
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 Brown
- Tail: Pheasant tail fibres
- Rib: Bright copper wire
- Abdomen: Pheasant tail fibres
- Wing case: Peasant tail fibres
- Thorax: Peacock herl
- Legs: Pheasant tail fibres
One thought on “Fly Tying for beginners – Pheasant tail nymph”
That’s a great looking fly and a nicely detailed video. It will certainly be helpful for more than just beginners.
You must log in to post a comment.