Probably Jack Gartside’s best known pattern from the early seventies. Originally designed by Jack as a soft hackle muddler minnow but over the years has proved to be an excellent all round sub surface pattern.
Gartside’s Sparrow nymph pattern recipe
- Hook: Mustad R73 Streamer # 4-14
- Tying thread: Sheer grey
- Tail: Pheasant marabou feather
- Body: Rabbit and Squirrel blended with a little Antron
- Hackle: Pheasant Spey hackle
- Collar: Pheasant after shaft feather
You must log in to post a comment.