Another great pattern with a simple tool. If you enjoyed the detached body crane fly you’ll love this mayfly. Heres the full video on how to prepare the material and weld the body.
Followed by the full tying sequence for the mayfly. These detached bodies are not only super realistic but they also float like a cork and are almost bullet proof.
Table of Contents
Detached body mayfly pattern recipe
- Hook: Mustad Heritage C49XSAP # 10
- Tying thread: Sheer grey 14/0
- Body: Vinyl surgical glove strip & Foam
- Tails: Olive Fibbets
- Hackle: Silver badger variant
- Wings: 2 Large select CDC hackles