This easy little wet fly /soft hackle is a great addition to the late season fly box.
I also tie this pattern with a 2.8 mm slotted tungsten bead for a heavier variant.
I like to fish it just below the surface with long slow pulls.
The honey pot wet fly pattern recipe
- Hook: Mustad S70AP Wet fly #10 -14
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 brown
- Tail: Coq de Leon
- Body: Two moose mane hairs 1 black 1 white
- Thorax: Stickle dub dark brown
- Hackle: Brown speckled partridge
You must log in to post a comment.