One of the modern classics from Alistair Gowans.
This long tailed Atlantic salmon fly has established a solid place in the Atlantic salmon fishers fly box.
Although orange is the original colour its also popular here in Scandinavia to tie them in red and yellow.
Table of Contents
Ally’s Shrimp salmon fly pattern
- Hook: Mustad Heritage DL71UAP # 6-10
- Tying thread: Sheer 14/0 red
- Tail: Hot orange bucktail and pearl Crystal flash
- Rib: Oval silver tinsel
- Body: Rear half red floss, front half black floss
- Underwing: Natural grey squirrel
- Wing: Golden pheasant tippets.
- Hackle: Hot orange
- Head: Red